As a supplier of LPG to the islands, we will post updates for customers regarding deliveries during the closure of the Uig Harbour. The closure is estimated to last from October 2022 - March 2023.
Please use the link provided to contact us with the % of your tank and your account number.
If you have any questions regarding the Uig Harbour closure, please email us and a member of our team will get back to you.
Gleaner is committed to supplying all of our customers in the Western Isles during the closure of Uig Pier. Gleaner does, however share the concerns and frustrations of local communities that the alternative arrangements proposed are not adequate. We have voiced our concerns to the Scottish Government and Calmac and remain in dialogue with stakeholders to minimise any disruption to our customers. We recognise that customers will be concerned about fuel supply over winter and have accordingly set up a dedicated email account at email@example.com We would encourage any customers who have concerns regarding their supply to contact us via that email address.
We have recently had a meeting with CalMac and regular communications with local MSP Alasdair Allan. The new dates for the closure of Uig Pier are now confirmed as 16th January 2023 – 13th March 2023 (8 weeks) and second phase 30th October 2023 - 11th December 2023 (6 weeks).
Although the changes in dates and decreased closure period are welcomed by Gleaner LTD, we still have concerns re these closures dates being during the cold winter periods. We ask all of our customers to be vigilant on their tank contents and order as early as possible giving their tank gauge reading.
We are still waiting on the winter timetable being issued, so that we can block-book ferry sailings and are still unsure, if as per our preference to offer the best delivery service, that daytime sailings will be made available to us.
We do not have a definite timetable for ferry bookings as yet.
Can all required deliveries for the Western Isles be placed by the end of November 2022. This will allow us to be as organised as possible.
The last trip to Barra will be on Tuesday 29th of November. Can deliveries for Barra customers be placed by Friday 25th November.
The service to Barra scheduled for 29/11/22 was aborted as Calmac could not honour our block booking.
Further updates on this service will be provided as soon as we have new information.
Currently, we have no confirmed updates on the services Calmac are permitting us to travel on.
We continue to contact all relevent parties to establish a definite timetable for travel.
It is now 6 weeks until the scheduled Uig Harbour closure. This is deeply concerning for Gleaner and for our customers.
We are trying our utmost to avoid serious disruption to this service over the closure period.
Apologies for the lack of definite delivery times.
Please contact us using the email address below
We are in dialogue with Calmac regarding possible changes to smaller lorry carrying vessels operating early in 2023 & how this will affect our delivery service.
We will post updates on this page.
We have had confirmation today that our next sailing to Barra will be on 13/12/22.
UIST - BENBECULA - BARRA
We now have confirmed sailings from Oban to Lochboisdale during Uig Harbour Closure.
Please be aware that, as always, these bookings will be subject to weather conditions.
Any cancellations will be announced on this page.
If you need to contact us, please do so using the email address below.
LEWIS - HARRIS
Lewis - Harris deliveries will be serviced via the Ullapool - Stornoway freight service.
SAILING TO LEWIS/HARRIS
We have just been advised today 07/02/23, that the ferry crossing scheduled for 08/02/23 has been cancelled due to weather conditions.
We will confirm our next delivery date for our Lewis/Harris customers as soon as we have a booking confirmed.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
SAILING TO BARRA, UIST & BENBECULA
Our agreed block booking (sailing today 27/02/23) for deliveries to our Barra, Uist and Benbecula customers was cancelled by Calmac this morning. Calmac have communicated to us that they must fulfil the ferry to full capacity, rather than allowing lifeline supply of propane onboard which restricts passenger numbers.
We have tried to establish a rescheduled sailing but have had no luck confirming this booking.
We deeply apologise to our customers and fully understand the stress this will cause but we have no control over the decisions made by Calmac.
We will update this page when we have a definite booking.
EXTENSION TO UIG HARBOUR CLOSURE
Please be aware that there has been an announcement regarding an extension to the Uig Harbour Closure. This has been extended to March 23rd 2023.
Find full details here https://www.calmac.co.uk/uig-harbour-closure
OPENING OF UIG HARBOUR (Expected today 23/03/23)
We have today, received the following information from Calmac regarding the opening of Uig Harbour.
"The Uig reopening did not go as expected, late yesterday afternoon, The Highland Council informed us there may be some restrictions for certain vehicles traveling on the temporary structure at Uig. Following a vehicle trial yesterday evening arranged by the council, these restrictions were confirmed".
Further updates will be posted as we receive them.
Due to ongoing ferry cancellations, there will be further delays to deliveries made to Harris, Lewis, Uist, Barra and Benbecula customers.
Please understand that this is completely outwith our control and we are doing our best to re-schedule all deliveries.
Thank you for your patience.
Please be aware that our tanker has arrived at Harris today and is experiencing some technical difficulties. This is being looked at but will definitely impact deliveries scheduled for today.
Our next scheduled delivery is on Wed 26th.
We will keep you updated.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Phase 2 of the Closure
Due to the limitations imposed upon our deliveries during the closure of Uig harbour, we really want to advise customers to order fuel in plenty time before the next closure. The closure is expected to be from 30/10/23 until 11/12/23. There is of course, a possibilty the closure could be extended.
Our priority is to make sure everyone has LPG for the winter and we ask that you follow our advice as we will not be able to make any extra trips or emergrency trips for dry tanks. Customers must also consider adverse weather conditions that can result in cancelled sailings.
Please contact us on the email provided if you wish to discuss your requirements.
Phase 2 of the Closure
Have you considered joining the Gleaner Budget Payment Plan?
Due to phase 2 of the closure, we are advising customers that we will be filling tanks when delivering, rather than smaller amounts. If you think this will be problematic, you could join our budget payment plan.
This is a monthly direct debit payment agreed with our finance department. This will avoid a larger sum or unexpected bill over the winter period.
You can can find full details on our budget payment plan here https://bit.ly/462NBka
Please contact our sales team to ensure you order in time before the closure - 30/10/23 - 11/12/23.
If you need to discuss your requirements, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Phase 2 of the Closure
We are now in September with the closure date getting closer.
If you have not done so already, please get in touch to place your order to ensure you have a delivery before the closure date. We do not have an emergency option for dry tanks during this period. We are limited by ferry bookings and must also consider the possibility of adverse weather conditions during phase 2, resulting in cancelled sailings.
Please also consider the closure dates being extended. The opening date is expected to be 11/12/23. This is very close to Christmas and we really do not want any household to run dry.
Please contact us on email@example.com